Toxicology and Biosafety
Senior Consultant Biosafety
MSc, PhD KU
Available for: Part-time, full-time
Contact us for full CV
- Risk analysis.
- Safety assessment.
- Project management.
- Change management.
- Strategic planning and execution of activities supporting industry board goals.
- National and international grant applications.
- External examiner at Copenhagen University.
- Experience with Balanced Score Card and quality assurance including third party audits.
- Extensive national and international network in academia, industry, and governmental institutions.
- Risk assessments for food safety, infectious diseases, biosecurity, medicine use and antibiotic resistance.
- Safety assessment of new herbal and other products.
- Project manager for inter-disciplinary projects with participants from academia, industry and government.
- Participated in working groups under the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
- Member of the Standing Committee for Animal Health and Welfare under the International Dairy Federation.
- Consultant for the EU project IMAGE, working on genetic preservation of endangered animal species.
- Co-founder of the Danish Udder Health Center, a collaboration between SEGES, DTU and KU.
Extensive knowledge in:
- Risk assessment standards (OIE, Codex)
- ISO 10993 for biosafety of medical devices
- Design of clinical studies including regulatory aspects
- Grant application
- Literature review and scientific reporting
Is empathic, open-minded and a natural communicator who thrives on working with diverse groups of people. Prefers a systematic approach in his work, keeping the overview from start to finish. He values respect, trust, credibility and loyalty in his collaborations. In his free time he enjoys running, hiking, gardening, books, music, and his aquarium. He is fluent in Dutch (mother tongue), English and Danish.